It’s Monday. Again.
Here we are, all up in another Monday.
Before we get bogged down by the possibly overwhelming details of the day, here are a few tips to get us through the day and set us up for the week.
• Don’t skip breakfast. Hungry 10am email responses are not a good look. Grab a Donny and dip it in your extra large coffee mug. Sun will rise, again.
• Look good / Feel good! Don’t dress up in the darkness of your room just because you are still wishing Monday will never get off! Turn the lights on, go for your most inspiring music playlist and pick the best clothes you have. Maybe the forgotten ones, those that may have fallen from the hanger and that are now laying in the back of your closet. Feeling confident walking into a Monday goes a long way!
• Treat your self. Have an extra cup of coffee and a cookie too! Just enough to be a treat without feeling guilty. It’s Monday and thank goodness not everyday is Monday. It’s usually during this coffee and cookie breaks that I take some time to write out my to-do list.
• Don’t fuhgeddaboudit. A to-do list is essential! But still, Monday to-do lists must never take themselves too seriously. Ideally they’re speckled with easy tasks like “make and drink coffee, twice”, as well as unexpected tasks like “walk the long way to lunch”. All of the hardline stuff about emails, deadlines, and commitments will fill in the rest of the madness. Take it eeeaaasssyyyy.
• Listen to a thoughtful podcast or a new playlist! I love Snap Judgement’s The End of the Line. This playlist will be blasting in my kitchen this Monday morning. Real!
• Subtract the Internet when the Internet is too much. Maybe it’s seeing everyone on Instagram in Mexico, on a road trip, or eating all of the things. When the Monday Internet makes me feel the least bit bummed, jealous, or otherwise not awesome…. I’M OUT! Mondays are hard enough without having to see everyone you know having better times. Peace.Out!
• Make an evening plan. Last minute happy hour date! On the fly dinner out! Pink wine! Call a friend! Popcorn on the couch! Plans large or small… an after work situation is a lovely carrot to dangle in front of your face. (Don’t exaggerate with Donny’s, they may be addictive).
Remember, tomorrow is Tuesday and what a blessing that is! Go easy and be kind to yourself. Have a great week! Tomorrow we’re making cookie dough and that’s really good news.
Have a sweet day, Chew a Donny Craves!